Custom Implant Abutments
Dentists seeking predictable implant restorations will find an excellent solution in custom abutments, which simplify crown delivery and ease the removal of excess cement. At Riverside Dental Ceramics, we utilize state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology to produce custom abutments that align precisely with the soft-tissue contours of your patients while establishing the natural emergence profile needed for a lifelike result.
Indicated for missing teeth to provide a natural-looking emergence profile that ensures ideal soft tissue contours in the anterior or posterior region. Titanium abutments are commonly used in all regions of the mouth due to their strength. Zirconia hybrid abutments provide higher esthetics and are commonly used with all-ceramic or zirconia restorations in the anterior.
Benefits for the Patient
- Protect remaining natural teeth — With conventional bridgework, the teeth surrounding the missing tooth must be ground down. Dental implants often eliminate the need to modify these teeth, resulting in a conservative, esthetic restoration.
- Improve appearance — When teeth are lost, ongoing shrinkage of the jawbone occurs. This process makes the face look older. However, implants have proven to slow down or stop this process while still exhibiting the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Improve speech — Fixed replacement teeth allow you to speak with more confidence in a relaxed and natural tone.
- Use manufacturer’s tooling to remove healing cap. For multiple units, start in the posterior and work toward anterior. Then, use manufacturer’s tooling to place transfer coping. Ensure components are fully engaged before tightening screw. Take an X-ray to verify proper seating of components. Next, ensure transfer coping does not hit tray. Use heavy-body vinyl polysiloxane impression material. Record impression. Finally, when impression tray is removed, the transfer coping stays in the mouth. Remove transfer coping and replace healing cap. For multiple units, start in anterior and work toward posterior. Check fit of impression coping into impression. Send to lab.
- Seat abutment. Torque screw into place per manufacturer’s recommendations. Next, use composite to fill over the implant screw. Cement restoration over implant abutment with a resin-reinforced ionomer (e.g., RelyX, 3M ESPE).
- D6057 Custom Abutment
- D6058 Abutment supported porcelain/ceramic crown
- D6059 Abutment supported porcelain fused to metal crown (high noble metal)
- D6060 Abutment supported porcelain fused to metal crown (base metal)
- D6061 Abutment supported porcelain fused to metal crown (noble metal)
- D6062 Abutment supported cast metal crown (high noble metal)
- D6063 Abutment supported cast metal crown (base metal)
- D6064 Abutment supported cast metal crown (noble metal)
- D6065 Implant supported porcelain/ceramic crown
- D6066 Implant supported porcelain fused to metal crown (titanium, high noble metal)
- D6067 Implant supported metal crown (titanium, high noble metal)