Bilayered Clinical Zirconia
Bilayered Clinical Zirconia combines the esthetics your patients demand with the strength and affordable price you desire. With Bilayered Clinical Zirconia, there is no metal to show through the ceramic and no unsightly black lines at the gingival margin. Indicated for individual or splinted crowns and bridges up to 14 units, Bilayered Clinical Zirconia can be conventionally cemented with resin ionomers.
This esthetic restoration is built on a coping composed of zirconium oxide, one of the strongest and most biocompatible ceramic materials. After the coping is milled using CAD/CAM technology, a high-strength ceramic is pressed or layered over the zirconia understructure, resulting in a final restoration that achieves superb intimacy of fit and translucent pearlescence.
Bilayered Clinical Zirconia is indicated for anterior or posterior crowns and multiple-unit bridges.
Benefits for the Patient
- Medical grade zirconia is completely biocompatible, and its metal-free substructure allows for beautiful esthetics. Flexural strength of Bilayered Clinical Zirconia is >1200 MPa.
- Anterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer with 1.5 mm facial reduction, 1.5 mm lingual contact clearance, 1.5 mm incisal reduction 1.25 mm reduction at the gingival margin with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 1.0 mm lingual reduction, 2.0 mm incisal reduction, 1.5 mm labial reduction, 1.0 mm 360 degree rounded shoulder.
- Posterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer margin with 2.0 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 2.0 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction and 1.25 mm gingival margin reduction with rounded internal line angles.
- Chamfer Margins — Correct preparation of the chamfer margins interproximally allows the appropriate bulk of ceramic.
- Panavia 21
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX, 3M ESPE)
- D2740 Crown – Porcelain/Ceramic Substrate
- D6245 Pontic – Porcelain/Ceramic
- D6740 Abutment Crown – Porcelain/Ceramic