OcclusalGold is recommended for all crown and bridge applications, including full-cast inlays, onlays and crowns.
Benefits for the Patient
- OcclusalGold’s esthetically superior gold color Type IV alloy (73.8% Gold, 5.8% Palladium, 1.5% Platinum) helps prevent dark gray lines at the gingival margins.
- Eliminates galvanic responses and metallic tastes for patients, which is why it’s a desirable restoration for all indications. Galvanic response comes from using many different types of alloys in the mouth.
- The ultra-smooth OcclusalGold opalescent ceramic significantly reduces plaque accumulation and opposing tooth wear while offering polishability and adjustability chairside.
- OcclusalGold increases strength in the oral environment as much as 30% more than conventional ceramics, thanks to its patented ion exchange mechanism.
- The ideal preparation for OcclusalGold is a chamfer margin preparation.
- If a porcelain labial margin is prescribed, then a shoulder margin preparation is required.
- Feather-edge margin preparations are indicated for full-cast restorations.
- Dual-cured resin, glass ionomer, or zinc phosphate cements.
- D2750 Crown – Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal
- D6240 Pontic – Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal
- D6750 Bridge-Crown – Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal
- 73.8% Gold, 5.8% Palladium, 1.5% Platinum