Whether you’re restoring a tooth in the posterior or anterior, your patients expect a restoration that is both lifelike and long-lasting. Riverside Dental Ceramics proudly offers the No. 1 prescribed brand of full-contour zirconia, including BruxZir® Full-Strength and BruxZir Esthetic, which offers lifelike translucency and superior shade matching technology for your most esthetically demanding cases. With nearly four decades of experience restoring cases, we believe in offering only the most proven restorative materials, and proudly offer BruxZir Zirconia as the most clinically verified dental zirconia. Our knowledgeable team of dental technicians includes implant experts so that you can put this versatile material to use whether you’re providing an anterior crown or a full-arch implant restoration for your patient.
BruxZir Zirconia is indicated for crowns, bridges, implants, inlays and onlays, screw-retained implant crowns and full-arch implant prostheses. It is an esthetic alternative to PFM metal occlusal/lingual or full-cast restorations. The chip-proof durability of a BruxZir restoration is ideal for bruxers who have broken natural teeth or previous PFM restorations. BruxZir Zirconia is also ideal when the patient lacks the preparation space for a PFM.
Benefits for the Patient
- Chip-resistant, as it is made of solid zirconia with no porcelain overlay
- Glazed to a smooth surface to reduce plaque accumulation
- Shoulder preparation not needed, feather edge is okay. It is a conservative preparation similar to full-cast gold, so any preparation with at least 0.5 mm of occlusal space is accepted.
- Minimum occlusal reduction of 0.5 mm; 1 mm is ideal.
- For BruxZir Esthetic restorations, a minimum occlusal reduction of 0.7 mm; 1.25 mm is ideal.
Instructions for Adjusting and Polishing
- Adjust BruxZir Zirconia crowns and bridges using water and air spray to keep the restoration cool and to avoid micro-fractures with a fine grit diamond. If using air only, use the lightest touch possible when making adjustments. A football shaped bur is the most effective for occlusal and lingual surfaces (on anterior teeth); a tapered bur is the ideal choice for buccal and lingual surfaces.
- Polish BruxZir restorations with the porcelain polishing system of your choice. Or, purchase the BruxZir™ Polishing and Adjustment Kit through Glidewell Direct by visiting www.glidewelldirect.com or by calling 888-303-3975.
- Ceramir Crown & Bridge or a resin-reinforced glass ionomer cement such as RelyX™ Luting Cement (3M ESPE; St. Paul, Minn.) or GC Fuji Plus™ (GC America; Alsip; Ill.)
- For short or over-tapered preparations, use a resin cement such as RelyX™ Unicem (3M ESPE) or Panavia™ F2.0 (Kuraray; New York, N.Y.)
- D2740 Crown – Porcelain/Ceramic Substrate
- D6245 Pontic – Porcelain/Ceramic
- D6740 Abutment Crown – Porcelain/Ceramic