Indicated for provisional crowns, splinted crowns and full-arch bridges. Cast-metal substructure is indicated when pontic span is greater than three units. Other indications include immediate smile makeovers, temporary implant restorations, restoring lost vertical dimension, contoured healing for ovate pontics or anterior extractions, or in conjuction with perio treatment. BioTemps come backed with a six-month warranty against breakage. BioTemps are provisional crowns & bridges that last up to six months. For a longer time frame, Transitions Crowns & Bridges would be indicated.
PREP, RELINE AND DELIVERY Requirements
- No preparation is needed for BioTemps. However, existing preparation of any type can be used.
- For best results, reline with a methyl methacrylate acrylic reline material (Jet, Lang; Coldpac, Motloid; Palavit 55, Heraeus Kulzer). Other reline materials should be avoided. However, if used, mechanical undercuts must be cut into the abutment shells for better retention and reline material.
- Try in restorations. If any adjustment is needed to seat the restoration, use a low-speed carbide or composite finishing bur. Rinse with water and dry completely.
- Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the outer surface of restoration to prevent excess reline material from sticking. Reline BioTemps by blocking out any undercuts on the preparations.
- Mix acrylic per manufacturer’s instructions and fill abutment between 1/2-3/4 full. After the surface of the acrylic material loses its shine, carefully place the BioTemps over the preparations. Do not allow the reline material to fully cure on the preparations due to heat generation, which may cause injury to the pulp. Gently work the BioTemps on and off the preps, allowing them to bench cure.
- Trim away any flash or excess acrylic using a plastic grinding disc. BioTemps can be polished with pumice and polishing paste or resealed with a light cured glaze, such as Palaseal (Heraeus Kulzer). Cement BioTemps using a non-eugenol temporary cement (Zone, Cadco). If higher retention is needed, Neo-Temp (Teledyne) may be used.
- D2932 Crown – Prefabricated Resin