Comfort Bite Splint™
Hard co-polyester Comfort Bite Splints are thermoformed for ideal retention. Our nightguards are fabricated with thermoformed soft or semi-hard Erkoflex EVA materials.
This type of nightguard is made to protect the occlusal surfaces of the teeth from damage or wear. The Comfort Bite Splint occlusal splint can be fabricated for the upper or the lower arch.
Benefits for the Patient
- Protects cosmetic restorations such as veneers and crowns.
- Relieves discomfort caused by bruxing, clenching and TMJ.
- The material is completely monomer free and hypoallergenic.
- The occlusal splint is sparkling clear and will not stain or absorb water.
Prep Requirements: Impression, Bite Registration Guidelines
- Start with an accurate, void-free impression of both arches. Ensure no tears or bubbles are present in impression material for precision fit. Instruct patient to close into centric relation to verify midline position and bite. Then, place two cotton rolls behind the cuspids and instruct patient to close; with patient in open bite, inject bite registration into the posterior openings of both quadrants. In addition, inject bite registration into anterior opening to capture a complete open construction bite.
- Seat splint and evaluate fit and retention. If adjustments are necessary, adjust with carbide bur or Lisko-S disc. Polish if needed. Once seated in the patient’s mouth, check bite with marking tape to identify premature occlusion; adjust and polish as needed.
- D9940 – Occlusal Guard